Saturday, March 04, 2006

KK Communion

Good morning bro & sis,

First of all want to thank you bro and sis for giving me an opportunity to share communion this morning. Today I would to share about Jesus sacrifice, his body and his blood means to me, let's turn to 1 Corinthians 11:23-25

"For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper
he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." - 1 Corinthians 11:23-25

The communion meal recalls the table fellowship Jesus shared with his disciples, and in particular the Last Supper on the night before his death as well as his appearances to the disciples during meals following his resurrection.

In this memorial meal, we partake first of the bread. The bread is symbolic of Christ's body broken for us. When I behold the bread, I can see 2 things that speak to me, both of Christ's suffering and His sufficiency. Jesus is both the Savior who suffered for me and who Himself is sufficient to meet my every need.

When I behold the bread, I also see Christ's suffering. This, of course, is a central message of
this memorial meal. Christ's death was a painful death. It was a death full of the suffering, which
paid for our sins. What does that suffering reveal? For one thing, it reveals the gravity of sin in my life. Just how serious does God consider sin, if Jesus had to die for God to forgive sin? The fact that Jesus had to die for my sins to be forgiven indicates that God hates sin. I still remember the day I study bible 3 years ago, I was very amazed and touched by God's grace and forgiveness. It was the first time in my life that I heard about a God that would even
considering going through suffering and to forgive me for all the sins that I committed in the past by sacrificing another person for the sins I done! Even no one knows about this sins I committed, God still want to give me another chance to change and repent of my sins in my life like deceitfulness, laziness, lying and stealing and of course lust. All this sins in my life leads me to not where and I even start wondering what my purpose here on earth. It was because of this
forgiveness that God given to me, I'm given also a new life and I found out what life that God want me to live and changing to become a more Christ -like person. I learn to change in my
characters as time goes by when I learn to be more open to bro and sister in my life which God put around me.

Our God is a holy God. He is too pure to condone sin. Indeed, He hates sin because sin destroys His work. But more than that, sin is a moral plight which nothing less than the suffering of Christ could cure. The sacrifice of Christ speaks loudly of the gravity of our sin. But the suffering of Christ also reveals the love of God. We are all familiar with the passage in John 3:16 which reads, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever
believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." It was because of the love of God that Jesus suffered and died on the Cross. This is why He came. This is why He died. When Jesus died on that Cross, it was the greatest expression of God's love that could ever be given. Finally, His suffering reveals the provision of God. It reveals that Christ's death is sufficient for our every need.

Romans 8:32 says, He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

When Jesus allowed His body to be broken (to be tortured, scourge) He was doing so for our sake. Because Christ's body was broken for us, we can now experience the provision of God. Our needs can be met through the Lord Jesus. So, today as you partake of this broken bread, understand that it symbolizes both the suffering and the sufficiency of Christ.

I think about my life and I ask myself do I need His sufficiency? I believe that Jesus is what I need. He called Himself "the Bread of Life." He is the Living Bread which meets the deepest needs of our spiritual hunger. I learn to feed upon His words, practicing and living the life that Christ preached 2000 years ago. I remember I used to use my own wisdom in dealing with
life problem, choosing to do things my own way always ended with either disappointment or unhappiness but when I learn to follow God's way, it never fail to end with a good result, walking away with heart full of joy and contentment. His bread is always fulfilling and feast upon His sufficiency.

The second part of the communion of which we partake is the cup. The cup is filled with the fruit of the vine, which symbolizes the blood of Christ. The blood itself is symbolic of life. So when we speak of Christ's blood poured out, we are speaking of His life being poured out. And when His life was poured out, it was poured out as a payment for our sins. His blood was shed for us. Christ's blood poured out speaks of the forgiveness for sins. Because of His shed blood,
we can now be fully and freely forgiven by God. We are kept through Christ's blood poured out. So, when we partake of the cup today, understand that Christ's blood poured out has purchased our salvation. His blood requires us to be serious about the salvation we received; be willing to trust Him alone for salvation. But if you are, then receive the cup with gladness! When you receive the cup, by faith drink deeply of His Spirit as well. By an act of surrender, commit
yourself fully to Christ. Confess your sins to Him. Receive His grace.

Let's us take this time to reflect on our life and remember Christ's sacrifice means to us and do we really take into our heart His love and forgiveness the day He died on the cross.

No comments:

8 Ways to Detox and Cleanse Your Liver Naturally

Your liver is a remarkable organ that plays a vital role in keeping your body healthy. It's responsible for metabolizing nutrients, filt...