Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My Testimony

How’s my life b4 I became a Christian?

The first encounter with Jesus that I remember was when I was in college time, there was this college librarian that always shared the bible and talk about Jesus whenever when I was in my college library. She always mention about Christ and God but that time I didn’t care much about who Jesus or God is caused my priority that time was on my studies. My life used to be care-free, I don’t need to make any decision, my parent make most of decision for me even when it comes to education and what I suppose to be in the future and I always obey whatever they told me to do. I don’t really think much and have not much worries in life, having a comfortable life, I don’t need to go through struggles in life and live life as it goes by everyday, happy go lucky kind of attitude. I always feel that friends around me always have more interesting life when they share to me about their family problems.

How did I understand my need for God?

Fast forward 3 years later after college, I came back from overseas and started working in KL. After working for almost a year, One question that comes into my mind, I start to ask myself about my life and what’s the meaning of life, why am I here on earth for? I felt life seems to meaningless and very routine, everyday work and work till the weekend and then have a rest. Is that all my life about? Is it just about making more money, partying, working to survive, get married and have children and then die? I thinking life should have more meaning than this. I was looking for an answer which I don’t know who can give the answer. I didn’t know who to turn to for the answer that I am seeking.

How did I become Christian?

One day while I attended a seminar, I met with a friend who invited to join some church activities and invited me to study bible. I was impressed to see so many people and can feel their warmth and friendliness, even though I am a stranger to them. They shared about bible and this make me feel very curious about the bible and wanting to know more, I agreed to study the bible and that was the time my life begin to changed. I start to understand who Jesus and God is. I also found out that answer that I’ve been looking for, my purpose I here on earth! I was amazed to know that there is a God who is willing to forgive me for all the bad things that I’ve ever done in my life, it can be small things like telling lies, stealing to having hate towards people. My heart was moved when I got to know Jesus sacrificed himself to hang on the cross for the wrong doings that I’ve commited. God is willing to forgive me and giving me another chance in life to lead a new life and also to have a purpose for me in life.

How does my life change from that point onwards?
Studying bible was the time that I got to know myself more and also the time I begin to really think and make decisions in my life. I had to decide and choose if I want to follow Jesus’ way and leave the past life. No more partying all night, no more sleeping whole day on Sunday. I had to struggle even to go church on sunday morning at first :P I learn to forgive people that I have hated and bitterness towards them, I had to make a radical decision. All these things I had to give up and I really had a hard time at first cause too used to that kind of lifestyle. I begin to slowly change my life and let Jesus lead my life. Life begin to have meaning to me and I learn to look forward to experience life. I started to change my characters as I go through different challenges in my life. I was glad that when I going through these different phase, God was always there to help me overcome it!

I believe that God had great plans for me, to give the best in life to me and to help me go through life. I am glad that God had chosen me to help lead other people and it’s great to be able to be involved in other people’s life and learn to love other people like how God first loved me. I experienced sadness, pain and joy that I never felt before when I started to love others. Felt the joy when I know that there are friends who will be there by my side no matter how bad my condition is and sadness and pain when losing a friend. I feel blessed by God to have friends that are always there for me during good and bad times and yet would dare to speak the truth to me about my weakness. As time goes by I got to understand, think more for myself about life and learning to go through struggles and challenges. But knowing that God is always by my side, it gives me great strength to carry on no matter how big the challenge might be!

No comments:

8 Ways to Detox and Cleanse Your Liver Naturally

Your liver is a remarkable organ that plays a vital role in keeping your body healthy. It's responsible for metabolizing nutrients, filt...