Friday, March 24, 2006

Qualities of Initiators

So I prayed to the God of heaven. And I said to the king, "If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers' tombs, that I may rebuild [the wall]." Nehemiah 2:4-5

Nehemiah displayed the qualities that make for initiative in leaders:
1.They know what they want - Desire is the starting point of all achievement. Nehemiah knew that he wanted that wall up.
2. They push themselves to act: At first, Nehemiah acted alone. He pushed to get the facts that would move others.
3. They take more risks: Nehemiah took some major risks as he got permission to go, to get wood, and to survey the job.
4. They make more mistakes: Nehemiah wasn't afraid to mobilize men who weren't professional contractors to build or soldiers to fight.
5. They go with their gut: What Nehemiah lacked in experience, he made up for with the passion of his heart.

No comments:

8 Ways to Detox and Cleanse Your Liver Naturally

Your liver is a remarkable organ that plays a vital role in keeping your body healthy. It's responsible for metabolizing nutrients, filt...